Monday, January 7, 2013

Looking back to Smile

6 months ago yesterday I turned 22. Ten years ago I would have said 22 is a ripe old age but i'm now thinking I was very mistaken. When I look back on the past 6 months and 2012 as a whole have included some big changes and lots of firsts! I graduated from college, got into grad school, turned 22, moved to a new state, started a REAL job (well grad assistantship), started my masters degree, living in a house(not a dorm), have 3 new random roommates, have a whole new set of friends, live 5 minutes from my sister (haven't lived in the same state for the past 11 years), spent Thanksgiving away from my parents, saw my new baby niece Abigail Claire (twice!), a first visitors (Leeann & Luke!) tried new churchs(still trying to find a permanent one), and lots, LOTS more!

So much as changed and although hard at times I'm learning to accept change knowing it only draws me closer to the Lord. I'm so thankful for the many people I have in my life who are spread throughout this country and world. I look 1 week back and 51 weeks ahead with bright eyes and excitement knowing that this year has so much to offer!

Here are some photos of the past six months..
Hiking and Making Friends

Bourbon Country

Road Trip to first NFL game!

Pumpkin Carving & Seed Roasting

Making Pretzels with these precious 2

Abigail Claire





These boys and sunsets I will forever cherish. They welcomed me with kindness, laughter, forgiveness, and a whole lot of grief (the good kind). I will never forget my first team. 
First 5k! With my student workers :)



UK football.. ready for Basketball Season

1st paintball experience

Silly moments 

And WAY to many cookies!




No comments:

Post a Comment